The need for action against drug addiction is growing in a society where millions of people suffer from substance misuse and addiction. Every day, people struggle with the terrible effects of addiction on themselves, their families, and their communities. These effects range from broken relationships to debilitating health problems to the tragic loss of life. Addiction’s grip on society tightens despite efforts to stop it, leaving a path of devastation and hopelessness in its wake.
Amidst this struggle, organizations like MV² Foundation emerge as beacons of hope, dedicated to raising awareness and driving positive change in the fight against drug addiction. By shining a light on the realities of addiction, these foundations seek to dismantle stigma, foster understanding, and offer support to those in need. Through education, advocacy, and community engagement, they strive to empower individuals to overcome addiction and reclaim their lives.
Dave has a foundation called MV², taking a stand against the real problem in this world: addiction. He raises awareness of it since people are wasting their lives. MV² is a foundation that he and his wife founded in honor of their sons who died due to a drug overdose. They lived in New York State, where mental health services are underserved and drug rehabilitation is unavailable.
The journey to combat drug addiction is fraught with challenges, but it is also marked by resilience, compassion, and unwavering determination. As we join together in this critical endeavor, let us heed the call to action, standing shoulder to shoulder in solidarity against the scourge of addiction, and working tirelessly to build a future free from its grip.
The following important points were discussed:
- You are a changed person, you don’t get over it but you get through it, try to go day by day and move forward, remembering your loved one and trying to focus on the good.
- The main intention with the foundation is raising awareness that leads to prevention.
- That feeling when you know you’re making an impact, it becomes addictive in a way that is good.
- 1:20-2:02: Shared about his son being non-responsive on the 7th of May 2017.
- 7:52-8:26: Shared about his son Matthew, who was a heavy drug user.
- 10:38-13:38: Gave some tips about people who’ve never been in his situation.
- 14:07-17:52: Shared about his inspiration to start the MV² foundation.
- 19:11-21:41: Shared about a woman named Becci Savage who lost 2 sons in the same night. They were at a graduation party and took some pills, not knowing what they were taking. Becci started the foundation, speaking to small groups and community groups, sharing her story.
Connect with Dave:
Share and Subscribe
Also, if you haven’t already, we encourage you to like and subscribe to our Youtube channel so that you can be notified of future episodes and content that we’ll be sharing. We’re committed to bringing you inspiring and thought-provoking content that can help you on your own journey of personal growth and transformation.
Thank you for your support, and we hope you enjoy the episode!
And don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE!!!!