Life should never be taken lightly; it’s a journey filled with inevitable challenges and stressors, regardless of our current circumstances or achievements. Maintaining our mental, emotional, and physical well-being is crucial, as we are more than just our physical bodies. Sarah Reynolds, with her expertise in psychology, sports psychology, and a decade-long experience in the fitness industry, understands the profound connection between our physical health and overall well-being.
Sarah emphasizes that true health goes beyond mere physical fitness – workouts and nutrition constitute only 16% of the entire health equation. The remaining 84% is influenced by our daily choices, encompassing our dietary decisions and overall physical activity, both within and outside the gym.
In Sarah’s perspective, understanding and bridging the gap between intentions and actions are vital. Cognitive dissonance arises when our actions contradict our desires, hindering our progress. Chronic stress, if left unmanaged, can wreak havoc on our bodies, making stress management an essential component of overall health.
During this episode of the Overcomer’s Podcast, Sarah delves into the importance of deep coaching, where she stresses the significance of considering various aspects of health beyond the physical realm. She encourages individuals to embrace honesty, letting go of shame and guilt related to their shortcomings, enabling them to effectively manage their overall well-being.
Important Points Discussed
- Physical, mental, emotional, relational, and environmental health are interconnected and crucial for overall well-being.
- Defining one’s “fulfilled” life is a personal journey, involving self-reflection and growth.
- Embracing change and letting go of the past are essential for personal transformation.
- Managing physical stress is inevitable; it’s about how effectively you handle it.
Join us on this transformative journey by tuning in to the Overcomer’s Podcast episode with Sarah Reynolds. Discover the depth of true health, explore the interconnected aspects of your well-being, and embark on a journey towards a more fulfilled and vibrant life.
Connect with Sarah Fischer-Reynolds
Sarah is an accomplished entrepreneur, deep health coach and visionary co-founder of Functional Effect Fitness & Rehabilitation, an integrative fitness facility in the suburbs of Chicago. As a fitness professional of 21 years and entrepreneur of 13, Sarah also brings a unique perspective from her time in the trenches of running her own fitness business.
Her goal is to empower you to unleash the untapped potential of your business AND your clients through understanding the 6 facets of deep health. Using real-world examples of current and former clients, Sarah sheds light on how each facet of your deep health can massively impact the results of your client and the profitability of your business.
Growing up in rural northern Illinois as the oldest of a 4 th generation farmer, Sarah learned the value of hard work at an early age. Her dedication to avoiding a life of mediocrity inspired her to be the first in her family to graduate from college, where she would earn her degree in psychology and go on the receive certifications as a strength and conditioning specialist, pre/postnatal specialist, nutrition coach, and a sleep, stress and recovery specialist with Precision Nutrition.
Sarah is currently pursuing her credentials as a NBC-HWC. Sarah knows that excellence in any area of life is a journey, not simply a destination. This perspective in part is what inspired her to open the type of business where she has been able to teach, develop, inspire and mentor 1000’s of people to do what it takes to live their life with intention and crush their goals. She brings this same dedication to her work from the stage, empowering gym owners and challenging their teams to incorporate a deep health strategy into their business plan.
1:58 – 3:37
Sarah shared how she started her journey in the fitness industry.
4:55 – 6:51
Sarah explained what a deep health coach is about.
7:04 – 8:26
Sarah shared what drives the physical result.
8:42 – 9:51
Sarah gave an example of a client and the importance of deep coaching.
15:23 – 17:10
Sarah shared a way of deep coaching.
25:21 – 27:38
Sarah suggests that coaches should be aware that there is more to health than just the physical.